A recent proposal to mine part of the Kokoda Trail caused a public outcry that resulted in the Australian government entering into a ‘Joint Understanding’ with the PNG Government to protect the track and its environs from possible mining or logging activity. Among the objectives is an agreement is to assist the PNG Government in undertaking a feasibility study for a possible World Heritage nomination. (more…)
- Welfare of Kokoda Trail Guides and Carriers
- OWERS CORNER: How to convert a memorial junkyard into PNGs No 1 Tourism Asset
- Adventure Kokoda Good2Give $10,000 to villagers along the trail
- Wayne Wetherall – Kokoda Spirit Struck Out
- A mother’s perspective of our 2018 Kokoda Youth Leadership Challenge . . .
Australian Government Aid Program The Orokaiva Kokoda Forum christmas donations The Kokoda Track Military Heritage The Kokoda Villager The Kokoda Trekker WW11 The Kokoda Trail New Guinea Campaigns Military History Landowners Orokaiva The Pacific War Charlie Lynn Major General Gordon Maitland Papua New Guinea The Kokoda Campaign Kokoda Kokoda Trail Media Koiari The Australian Government assistance World Heritage Port Moresby Grammar School Overseas Place of Special Significance to Australia Trekker Stories Kokoda Trekker The Koiari Add new tag Adventure Kokoda Office of the Australian War Graves Campsites Field Marshall Sir Thomas Blamey Clans Kokoda Treks Social Mapping Australian Army PNG villagers Wartime Carriers The Kokoda Track Authority Kokoda Development Program